Some things about marketing are universally acknowledged to be difficult; Calculating ROI, Securing budget and keeping the sales team supplied with leads (and happy!)
But others things like staying on brand, version control of documents and quickly and efficiently proofing files are a walk in the park, right? Wrong.
You’ve probably heard of Murphy’s Law. The one that says, “If something can go wrong, it almost certainly will”. Well, there’s a variation on it that could easily be applied to those and the other simple challenges that marketers face, “While important things are simple, simple things are never easy.”
It’s an optimistic (and oft-disappointed) marketer that believes a fool-proof set of brand guidelines distributed across the business will ensure everyone sticks to the letter of them, or that proofing a piece of collateral is a task that can be speedily accomplished by even the most junior member of a team.
In reality, without the right application in place, these and plenty of other simple marketing tasks are just not as easy as they should be. It takes Brand Asset Management technology to strip out the repetition and automate/enforce rules so that the marketing team doesn’t need to.
Here’s a summary of how having the right Brand Asset Management system in place makes for:
- Time savings – with almost 80% of marketing procurement capable of being automated those placing multiple, low-value orders may save £50 or more per transaction.
- Hidden Cost Savings – automated collateral production also means savings on design/origination.
- Budget Control – satellite locations are kept within budget and costs tracked in real time.
- Brand management – guidelines are “hard-wired” into the system and can’t be overridden.
- Customisable content – makes personalisation and localisation the norm, not the exception.
- Version control – out of date documents are removed so there’s no danger they’ll appear after their “sell by”!
- Speed to Market - on screen visuals, in real time, reduce proofing timescales to minutes not days.
- Data Management – centralised, data protection, hygiene and compliance is assured.
- Print on-demand / ordering efficiencies – no over-ordering, reduced storage costs plus economies of scale.
- Stock Control - stored materials are tracked, called off and only re-produced when necessary.
- Approvals – authorisations and approvals are set at individual user level.
- Cost-centre Management – of, amongst other things, usage, costs, invoicing/delivery details, payment methods, etc.
- Reporting – delivers a detailed, up to the minute picture of resource and spend.
Implementing Brand Asset Management means marketers no longer need to make superhuman efforts to make their jobs look effortless. Becoming a “brand management superhero” was never before so easy!
Source: InfoTrends research and Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply